East Lothian Council has developed a Project Website for the Musselburgh Active Toun project and would love for you to use it. The website was built and will be managed by The Whin using the WordPress website builder. You can use the Project Website to post your ideas or opinions. However, be responsible in what you contribute. In particular, make sure that none of the prohibited items listed below are included in any contributions you make to the Project Website or get linked to from the Project Website (things like spam, viruses, or hate content).
1. Responsibility for Contributions.
If you place comments or ideas on the Project Website, post material to the Project Website, post links on the Project Website, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Project Website (any such material, “Content”), you are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software.
By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through any required terms to anyone else who accesses the Content;
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- the Content is not pornographic, libelous or defamatory (more info on what that means), does not contain threats or incite violence towards individuals or entities, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
By submitting Content to the Project Website, you grant us and the operator of the Project Website (The Whin) a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting the Project Website. If you delete Content, we will use reasonable efforts to remove it from the Project Website, but you acknowledge that caching or other references to the Content, Content may not be made immediately unavailable.
If you submit ideas or suggestions, we will be free to use them and any similar ideas or suggestions, without any [credit or] recompense to you. [However, we may give you credit for the suggestion/idea.]
Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, we have the right (though not the obligation) to, in our sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any Content that, in our reasonable opinion, violates any of our or The Whin’s policies or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Project Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in our sole discretion
2. Responsibility of Project Website Visitors.
We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to the Project Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Project Website, we do not represent or imply that we endorse the material there posted, or that we believe such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Despite our efforts, the Project Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Project Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. We and The Whin disclaim any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Project Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
3. Content Posted on Other Websites.
We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which the Project Website links, and that link to the Project Website. We do not have any control over those third party websites and webpages, and we are not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a third party website or webpage, we do not represent or imply that we endorse such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. We disclaim any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of third party websites and webpages.
4. Copyright Infringement Policy.
As we ask others to respect our intellectual property rights, we respect the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by the Project Website violates your or a third party’s copyright, you are encouraged to notify us. We will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. In the case of a visitor who may infringe or repeatedly infringes the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of ours or others, we may, in our discretion, terminate or deny access to and use of the Project Website.
5. Intellectual Property.
8. Disclaimer of Warranties.
The Project Website is provided “as is”. East Lothian Council, The Whin and its suppliers and licensors and parent or associated companies hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither East Lothian Council, The Whin nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Project Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Project Website at your own discretion and risk.
9. Limitation of Liability.
- any special, incidental or consequential damages, including but not limited to loss of profits, loss of revenue, loss of business, howsoever caused and whether direct or indirect;
- the cost of procurement or substitute products or services;
- for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or
- for any amounts that exceeds £250 sterling.
Neither East Lothian Council or The Whin shall have liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
10. General Representation and Warranty.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless East Lothian Council, The Whin, their contractors, and licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all liabilities, losses, damages, costs, claims and expenses, including lawyers’ fees, arising out of your use of the Project Website, including but not limited to your violation of these Terms of Service.